Thanks to funding from Health Education England, Trip Database Pro (TripPro) is freely available for all staff and students working for the NHS in England. Personal accounts can also be set-up for use off-network.
You can access Trip’s millions of articles from any smartphone, tablet or web browser.
Trip is a clinical search engine to use to track down high quality research evidence to support patient care. Trip was created in 1997 but has recently expanded offering TripPro.
You can use the PICO search option or Advanced search feature. Filter your search results by relevance/by country/type of guidance.
- Over 100,000 extra systematic reviews than the free version
- Millions of extra free full-text articles
- Easily search over 175,000 ongoing clinical trials
- Access to a massive database of medical images
- Access to tens of thousands of clinical videos
- From 20th September 2017 King’s Fund publications will also feature as part of the content that Trip will search
A new feature from end of September is Automatic Rapid Reviews. This will mean:
- For a given condition they will identify all the trials in this area and what the interventions are.
- They will rank the interventions on likely effectiveness
- For a given intervention they can look at what conditions it’s been used in
Further help or advice is available from Librarians at East Surrey Hospital or Crawley Hospital