These resources are available to staff working for: First Community Health and Care, CSH Surrey and Virgin Care (Surrey Community Health) Please choose: Surrey community healthcare provider organisations when registering for an OpenAthens account and make the most of the healthcare resources.
Look under Evidence for research reviews, evidence-based guidelines, validated research articles and research-based clinical options.
Search Literature resources for indexes of published information from journals, conference abstracts, reports and academic theses. Critically appraise results to exclude poorly conducted clinical trials, reports and articles and to locate relevant, valid information.
For details of one-to-one and group training in the workplace, expert literature searching and critical appraisal, please contact Karen Skinner the Outreach Librarian.
Anatomy TV: Interactive 3D resource bank of images, video clips and slides. Choose Clinical Specialties for Speech Language Pathology. This resource has limited access, please remember to log off when finished. OpenAthens
ClinicalKey: Provides access to a large collection of reference material, books, journals, images and videos OpenAthens
- Emanuel LL & Librarch SL. Palliative care nursing, in Emanuel LL & Librarch SL. (eds). Palliative Care Core Skills and Clinical Competencies, 2nd ed. 2007 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier Inc.
- Roux PD Le, Levine JM & Kofke WA. Nursing and education, in Roux PD Le, Levine JM & Kofke WA. Monitoring in Neurocritical Care. 2013 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier Inc.
- Walsh D et al… Nurses and nurse practitioners in Walsh D et al… Palliative Medicine. 2009 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier Inc.
Clinical Knowledge Summaries: summaries of the current evidence base and practical guidance on best evidence
Cochrane Library: Reliable evidence on the effectiveness of healthcare interventions and treatments
NICE Evidence: Free, open access to a range of selected and authoritative health and social care evidence-based information
Royal Marsden Online: The 9th edition of the Royal Marsden Hospital Manual of Clinical Procedures includes 350+ evidence-based clinical procedures related to every aspect of care. There is a short Online Help Tutorial and a comprehensive Help section (Available to First Community Health and Care only)
Trip: A clinical search engine providing quick and easy access to high quality research evidence. Filter by evidence type, images, date
HDAS Healthcare resources with links to journal citations, abstracts and some full-text articles. These require OpenAthens
- BNI: The British Nursing Index contains comprehensive coverage of all nursing and midwifery titles in the UK in addition to a number of International titles
- CINAHL: Nursing and allied health care literature from Europe and North America
- EMBASE: European database of biomedical and pharmacological literature
- Health Business Elite: Healthcare administration and non-clinical aspects of health care institution management
- HMIC: UK focused data and records from the Department of Health and the King’s Fund on health service policy, the quality of health services, management and administration
- Medline: Clinical, medical and nursing literature
- PsychINFO: Psychology, psychiatry and related disciplines
PubMed: Extensive index of medical, biomedical and nursing resources. Some full-text articles are free access
Anatomy TV: Interactive 3D resource bank of images, video clips and slides which can be used for education and training purposes in lectures and presentations. Choose Clinical Specialties for Speech Language Pathology. This resource has limited access, please remember to log off when finished. OpenAthens
ClinicalKey: Provides access to a large collection of reference material, books, journals, images and videos. OpenAthens
Images in Clinical Medicine: Useful resource bank of freely available images, limit by specialty, media type and date
Behind the Headlines: Find the facts behind the newspaper headlines concerning health news
BNF Publications: The BNF APP is available to download
NHS choices: Information from the National Health Service on conditions, treatments, local services and healthy living.
Patient: The same information as provided by GPs to patients during consultations, health/disease leaflets,patient support organisations, all about medicines