This service is available to Health Education England National, North London, South London and Kent Surrey and Sussex teams. Please contact Rachel Cooke to discuss how the service can support your work.
Please complete our online membership form. When completing this form register to receive evidence alerts tailored to your specific your needs and areas of interests. Register for an OpenAthens account to make the most of the healthcare resources.
Look under Evidence for research reviews, evidence-based guidelines, validated research articles and research-based clinical options.
Literature contains indexes of published information from journals, conference abstracts, reports and academic theses. Critically appraise results to exclude poorly conducted clinical trials, reports and articles and locate relevant, valid information.
BMJ Best Practice: BMJ Best Practice takes you quickly and accurately to the latest evidence-based information. Create a personal account and download the app
Cochrane Library: Reliable evidence on the effectiveness of healthcare interventions and treatments
NICE Evidence: Free, open access to a range of selected and authoritative health and social care evidence-based information
Social Care Online: Social Care Online is the UK’s largest online database of information on all aspects of social work and social care. It includes legislation, government documents, practice and guidance, systematic reviews, research briefings, UK grey (informally-published) literature, reports, and journal articles. The database is updated daily and contains over 160,000 records from the 1980s onwards
Social Policy and Practice: Social Policy and Practice provides one-stop access to key evidence-based research information in a range of multi-disciplinary subjects
Trip: A clinical search engine providing quick and easy access to high quality research evidence. Filter by evidence type, images, date
ERIC: Institute of Education Science
HDAS Healthcare resources with links to journal citations, abstracts and some full-text articles. These require OpenAthens
- AMED: The Allied and Complementary Medicine database covers allied health professions and alternative medicine including acupuncture, herbalism, homeopathy and physiotherapy
- BNI: The British Nursing Index contains comprehensive coverage of all nursing and midwifery titles in the UK in addition to a number of International titles
- CINAHL: Nursing and allied health care literature from Europe and North America
- EMBASE: European database of biomedical and pharmacological literature
- EMCARE: Nursing and allied health literature
- HMIC: UK focused data and records from the Department of Health and the King’s Fund on health service policy, the quality of health services, management and administration
- Medline: Clinical, medical and nursing literature
- PsycINFO: Psychology, psychiatry and related disciplines
PubMed: Extensive index of medical, biomedical and nursing resources. Some full-text articles are free access
Behind the Headlines: Find the facts behind the newspaper headlines concerning health news
NHS Digital National and information technology partner to the health and care system
Public Health Profiles includes Child and maternal health, Mental health and Cancer services
The King’s Fund: Search the four key themes in Topics: Health and care services — Leadership, systems and organisations — Patients, people and society — Policy, finance and performance